RSS订阅又一个WordPress站点
你现在的位置:网站首页 / 全部文章 / 正文内容

观世音菩萨圣号人生有一万种过法,我选择传递善良丨CD电台-中国日报双语新闻

178 全部文章 | 2017年05月28日
人生有一万种过法,我选择传递善良丨CD电台-中国日报双语新闻
I dropped to my knees and sobbed on the sidewalk.
我双膝跪地大周秘案,开始在人行道上抽泣死亡华尔兹。
I’d just left the cafeteria of the primary school for nomadic children in Qinghai province’s isolated Qumarleb county.
这是我走出青海省与世隔绝的曲麻莱县游牧儿童小学食堂后的一幕。
nomadic[no'm?d?k]:adj. 游牧的

作者Erik Nilsson
Just before, I’d returned from an overnight stay with ethnic Tibetan nomads in a remote stretch of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It snowed that day in early August, while I milked yaks and collected their dung, and herded sheep with my host family.
在此之前,我刚从青藏高原偏远地区的藏族牧民家过夜回来。那时正是八月初十二惊惶,却下了雪。在雪中,我给牦牛挤奶,收集它们的粪便,和主人家一起放羊。
ethnic['?θn?k]:adj. 种族的
Their cliff-top pasture was too remote for mobile reception.
他们在崖顶的牧场海拔太高,手机收不到信号来电奇缘 。
Upon returning to the county seat上口爱, I received messages that our beloved friend and colleague, Mike Peters, who had cancer, wished to donate whatever was left over from his final expenses to the nomadic children for whom I’d started a small volunteer group to support seven years ago.
回到县城后野性俄罗斯,我便收到消息说,我们亲爱的朋友和同事迈克·彼得斯患了癌症,希望把他身后的余款全部捐给我七年前成立的帮扶游牧儿童的志愿者组织。

迈克·彼得斯
That’s when I jolted up and strode out to the street. I had to.
就在那时,我猛地跳了起来,大步走到大街上,无法自制。
It was one of many moving moments since I’ve started working in Qumarleb.
从我到曲麻莱工作以来,这是众多令人感动的时刻之一。
The children and I later sent him videos to convey our gratitude and good wishes.
后来,我和孩子们给迈克发了视频,表达我们的感激和美好祝愿。
I’ve learned more about the good in people through working in Qinghai than perhaps any other way.
也许比起在别处工作,在青海,我体会到了更多人的善意。
Qingmei Dorlma says she never smiled until age 14.
青梅多玛说,14岁之前,她从未笑过。

青梅多玛
She says she didn’t have reason to before 2015.
她说,黄天戈在2015年之前,没有什么值得她绽开笑颜。
That was the year a cleft-palate surgery transformed the nomad’s life.
但在那一年,唇腭裂手术改变了她的生活。
She’d never had friends. The other kids called her “monster”. She dared not speak in class, let alone dance and sing — something she loves to do — around others.
没有人和她做朋友;其他孩子都叫她“怪物”。她不敢在课堂上讲话,更别说和大家一起跳舞唱歌了——尽管她对此深深向往。
Today, her grades are excellent. And she enjoys staging musical performances with her classmate friends in Qinghai province’s Qumalai county.
今天,她成绩很好,也很享受和同学们一起登台演唱的时刻。
We’d saved for a long time to afford the more than 30,000 yuan ($4,400) surgery.
为支付她3万多元(约合4400美元)的手术费用,我们存了很久的钱。
I did a double take when the doctor almost immediately said he’d do it for free.
当医生不假思索地说手术免费的时候,我不敢相信自己的耳朵。
He did.
医生说到做到。
People brought her gifts like a teddy bear and art supplies during her recovery days at the hospital.
她在医院恢复期间,人们给她带来了泰迪熊和美术用品等礼物。
art supplies:美术用品
Others later took the mother and daughter to Beijing’s major attractions like the Forbidden City.
还有热心人后来带着母女俩去了北京的一些主要景点,比如故宫。
Qingmei Dorlma hadn’t even seen an escalator before.
青梅多玛以前都没见过自动扶梯。
Still other friends gifted her rarely employed mother — her father left the day she was born, taking his income with him — a total of 4,000 yuan, more than her annual income. The short-stay apartment-rental host清虚道德天尊 , whose place they’d rented a bedroom in, insisted on “paying” them and cooked for them.
还有一些朋友给她几无收入的母亲还送去了4000多元,这超过了她一年的经济收入。多玛的父亲在她出生的那天离开了,也断了一家的收入。租给他们卧室的短租公寓的房东,坚持“付钱”给她们,并为他们她们。
I also recall one moment in which my immediate family was experiencing a serious health crisis. I was probably about as frightened and upset as I’ve ever been.
我还记得有一次,我的家人生命垂危,我从未如此惊慌,如此手足无措北宋悠闲生活。
Then, I got this photo on my phone of a couple of dozen Chinese tween girls in camouflage military-style fatigues and red berets tossing bags into a semi-truck trailer.
突然,我在手机看到了一张照片,照片上有几十个穿着迷彩军装和红色贝雷帽的中国女孩,正把一个个包扔进一辆半卡车式的拖车里上官凤儿 。
camouflage['k?m?'flɑ?]:n. 伪装
Apparently, somebody in Shandong province had heard about what we were doing in Qinghai and decided to organize a clothing drive.
显然,在山东有人听说了我们的事迹,决定组织一次衣物捐赠活动观世音菩萨圣号 。
I never found out what was up with the uniforms.
不过我不太明白女孩们穿的制服有什么玄机。
Our current plan is to largely use the money Mike graciously left to create the Mike’s Light fund to pay full tuition for four years of university for underprivileged but promising nomadic student hopefuls.
我们目前的计划是充分利用迈克留下的钱,创立迈克光明基金,为那些被贫困束缚的、仍志存高远的游牧人家的孩子全额支付四年的大学学费。
They, in turn, during their school breaks, will teach in Qumarleb修仙童养媳, where many instructors have only completed primary, middle or high school.
那些受资助的孩子,在学校放假期间,将在曲麻莱县教书九岁皇妃 ,那里的许多老师只有小学、初中或高中的学业水平。
We’ve already successfully done this with three students.
我们已经与三名学生成功完成了这一计划。
Mike’s generosity has extended beyond his own life because of the way he lived it.
迈克所选择的对待生活的方式,让他慷慨在他的生命之外延续上学歌简谱。
We hope to help his light shine on — far and bright — in this world, even after he has left it.
我们希望助他点亮的星火熠熠,明亮邈远,长存于世。
Sartre once said爱情条约 , “Hell is other people.”
萨特曾说“他人即地狱”。
He’s not wrong. But he’s not entirely right, either.
他没有说错,但并不全对。
“Heaven is other people,” can be equally true.
因为“他人亦是天堂”。
Working in Qinghai has taught me so.
这便是青海的工作教给我的。
Nobody’s perfect.
人无完人;
Far from it.
甚至相去甚远燃灯之歌 。
But I’ve met some angels on this Earth.
但是我相信我遇见了人间的天使。
Their light lasts.
相信此光永存。

作者Erik Nilsson
About the author & broadcaster
Erik Nilsson is an American journalist who has worked in China for over 10 years. His work has won various honors, including the Chinese Government Friendship Award — the highest honor the country bestows on foreigners. He has traveled to every provincial-level jurisdiction except Chongqing, covering such stories as the Wenchuan and Yushu earthquakes, nomadic communities' development and civil society.
推 荐 阅 读

第一批00后小萌新开学了!女生爱美颜,男生爱防晒!

上一篇:谷物干燥机人死后为何要停尸七日,神医扁鹊告诉你真相-鱼羊历史

下一篇:真维斯楼人生+,你看开了多少,明白了多少?-暖心美文故事